I decided that this summer, I needed a few goals set for myself. Whether silly or serious, I love accomplishing things on a list!
1. Read at least 4 books. I love love love to read, but I have been slacking recently due to my recent addictions to the following: Fringe, Pawn Stars, Desperate Housewives, and more Fringe. Seriously, if you don't want to waste away hours trying to figure out what reality you're living in, don't watch it.
2. Go and see the midnight premiere of Harry Potter. I know, you guys are probably thinking "that is the silliest goal I've ever heard of." But for someone who is as obsessed as I am with HP, it is pretty much the BEST goal of the summer. After all, this is the last time I could ever see a midnight premiere of HP. I may even make it a goal to wear a scar on my forehead...
p.s. Have you guys seen the latest trailer? It's epic. Go watch it here.
3. Reach 50 followers on my blog. I love blogging, and would most definitely blog even if no one ever followed me. But like any blogger, I would love to increase the amount of people that read my blog on a regular basis. Mostly because I love the blogging community, and I love getting to know new people through their blogs.
4. Successfully create and maintain a budget. Ian and I are starting the Dave Ramsey budgeting system. This guy is incredible. He understands money better than anyone I've ever met or listened to. Since we are still young, we want to really get a hold of our finances so that when it comes time to have babies and/or buy a house, we're able to without stress and panic. Plus, we really want to start tithing and saving regularly.
5. Become more thrifty and coupon friendly. This kind of follows along with the above goal, but to me seems like it's in a whole other category. I used to love buying things (clothes, especially) at thrift stores when I was a teenager. I somehow fell out of the habit of going to my local thrift stores and finding things. I would really be able to save a lot of money if I choose to thrift a bit more instead of buying everything new. Also, I think people who are coupon-savy are amazing.
6. Work out more. This seems to be an ongoing goal of mine that never gets fulfilled. I worked really hard to lose 12 pounds, and now am wanting to shape up a bit! It always seems that I have more motivation to work out in the summer because of the nice weather. I just hope that after this summer, the motivation sticks around. Where's Jillian Michaels when you need her?
So those are the goals for the next three months or so. Do you guys have any summer goals? If so, please share!