Friday, June 3, 2011

The big 10.



I did it!! I am down 10 pounds! I think I stood with my mouth hanging open when I was standing on the scale. No way was I expecting to lose that much weight so quickly. But hey, no complaints, right? I really feel amazing, and I have a lot more energy during the day from eating healthier. Plus, a lot of my clothes are too big. Which is OK with me, because that just means that I have to shop for new ones. I also have to shop for a swim suit, and for the first time in a LONG time, I'm excited to try some on! 


Ian is down 12 pounds. I'm so proud of him! He is looking skinny, and his clothes fit him so nicely now! I love that we were able to do this diet together. I'm glad we are both have the goal to live healthier lives, as it is much easier eating healthy when you know you're not the only one. Especially when eating out at restaurants. If I'm eating with someone who is not on a diet, I pretty much stare at their delicious food the entire time, haha.


Now that I've lost the weight, my new goal is toning and shaping up! I enjoy exercising, but usually feel a bit lost as to what to do. I've got cardio down, but strength is always a challenge for me. I feel so silly using the big machines at the gym while I am surrounded by a bunch of guys with giant muscles who look like they live there. 
Here are my new "getting healthy" goals:

1. Continue doing cardio 2-3 times a week.
2. Add in weights/strength at least 2 times a week.
3. Build up some big biceps.

Number 3 was a lie. Not sure I could pull off the body builder look, but a small amount of muscle would be fine with me!


We're thinking we should be the new Subway weight-loss promoters:
But we don't really ever eat there....so I guess that counts us out.
Anyone else notice that I practically blend into the wall? Goodness...


Thumbs up for being skinny!

Stay tuned for more recipes, updates, and more on getting healthy.

xoxoKelsey (and the hubs)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You guys are looking great! Keep it up! So excited for you! It's a great feeling to lose weight! :) Rachael

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).