Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowed In.

Whew! The weather has been quite eventful the past few days. I think there's a good 6 inches or so of snow outside, along with a layer of ice and then a bit more snow on top! So as you can guess we spent most of the week inside away from the cold. I feel like I've become the master of being snowed in, so here's a little step-by-step guide on we survived the Seattle snowstorm. Warning: These steps really have nothing to do with surviving a storm of any sorts :).

1. We went outside and enjoyed a walk in the snow. Complete with sliding and slipping while trying to walk.
 
2. We stayed outside for a few minutes to make some snowballs. Ian made his levitate. Just kidding. It's obviously just my mad photography skills :).

3.I wore lots of these long socks. Our apartment building is old and drafty, and I needed to keep warm!

 4. I made us some delicious pancakes. Because what's a snowstorm without something good to eat?

5. I made my favorite chocolate cookies. These really had nothing to do with the fact that it was snowing, but it added a nice touch.

6: I built the best snowman of all time with my hubby and brother-in-law. It took a lot of  time, snow, food coloring, and black beans to make it happen. (Anyone recognize the Rage comics character?)

7. I learned to play Settlers of Catan by candlelight due to the power outage at my in-laws. It made the game much more realistic with the candles and lack of warmth. 

8. Lastly, I sat inside and realized how lucky I was to have a warm place to stay with family and friends to keep me company. I may have also thought about how to keep myself from going stir crazy.

 Tomorrow it is suppose to start raining here, and I have NEVER been so excited for rain! You can quote that back to me the next time I complain about it.Which will probably be on Saturday. 
 It's funny how a storm can really throw everything off.  I haven't really worked all week, and I feel totally disoriented after being inside for two days straight. Cabin fever is definitely a real thing. 

Happy Thursday!
xoxoKelsey.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).