Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chartreuse and Aqua.

Recently I have been incredibly bored with the decor in our apartment. Mostly because it is almost non-existent  In the past five years, I've moved about six times. Moving so frequently has made me really never want to spend anytime on decorating. I felt like the time it went up, it had to be taken back down. I finally put my foot down and decided that a cute place to live is a necessity. These plain white walls were getting on my nerves.
So, I got the idea to paint some old picture frames that I didn't really like, and turned them into something that are more our style.





This is such an easy DIY project for anyone to do. All I did was sand the picture frames a tiny bit, and then painted them with a foam paint brush and acrylic paint that I picked up at the craft store. It took about 3 coats for each frame, but they are not 100% opaque. I wanted the old frame color to kind of peak through the paint. They dried in less than an hour, and were ready to hang!


Can I just say that I am OBSESSED with these frames now? The colors are more beautiful than I expected them to be. The new frames really add a bit of cheer our little tiny studio. I also love the combo of the chartreuse and aqua with our old pink couch (see here). I love mixing unexpected colors together.


If you are feeling crafty, and like sprucing up a room in your place, or you are like us and your entire place is one room, then I suggest trying out some new colored picture frames.


xoxoKelsey.


P.s. I've been extra crafty lately, and will share all the finished projects as they are completed!

3 comments:

  1. i'm in the same exact situation..i move almost every year so I have no motivation to decorate...plus my love affair with clothes doesn't leave much room for apartment investments

    http://www.heatherinacandyshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, too! Dustin said the other week: "we've been here for a year - time to put some pictures on the walls or something!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good idea. will do this when i move to my new room. thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).