Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting old.

Lately, I've been thinking about how fast everyone in my family is growing up. Being the oldest child, I liked growing up because it meant getting to experience everything first. I got my license first, got a broken heart first, turned eighteen first, graduated high school first, etc. And for some funny reason, I've never expected my three siblings to grow up and do the same. I expect them to stay my little brothers and sister forever. Well, they are definitely not little anymore. Literally they are all taller than me. So not fair, right? And despite my hesitation, they are turning into adults.  For example, my brother Jake is applying for colleges and graduating next summer, my sister Madison turns fifteen in a few days, and my brother Cameron just proposed to his lovely girlfriend, Kait. (She said yes, by the way). 
It's so bittersweet, growing up. Don't you think?
It's so neat to see how God is choosing paths for each of my siblings, and to see their hopes and aspirations for the future. Yet, on the other hand, I feel like I want to always protect them and keep them at home for the rest of their lives. I'm sure my parents are glad that that decision is not up to me, ha ha. But despite my sadness,  I'm proud of each of them for being such awesome people. 
Well, after all that nostalgic talk, I'm feeling pretty old. My gray hair and wrinkles are going to show up pretty soon. 

 One of the very best parts of being the oldest is posting old pictures of my siblings that I look totally awesome in while they look ridiculous. (Kidding, we all look a bit silly.)
  Cameron and me, just being awesome.                                                    
 Jake looking cute in his little pose, while I'm looking awesome in my Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt.                                           
The four of us kids on Easter. Madison was the cutest baby!
You have to admit, our matching dresses were pretty awesome. Velvet and chiffon? Yes, please!

Does anyone else feel weird about growing up? I'm considering flying away to Neverland to avoid it all together...
Happy Friday!
xoxoKelsey.


p.s. Watch my brother's proposal here. My other brother Jake and some friends captured the big moment. It's so good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true, Kelsey. Your words reflect my feelings even though I was #5 in a line of of 6 siblings. Strange seeing my sister, Anne, turn the age of 63 and my baby brother, Gordon, turn 51. Weird. That definitely makes me feel old. Wait a minute! I am old! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).