Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting Healthy



  
    I, along with my hubby, are embarking on a new adventure. A diet. OK, so diets are probably more of a challenge than an adventure, but an adventure sounds much more fun. We have been talking about wanting to take a vacation this summer to somewhere with beaches. I can't wait, but I'm seriously not comfortable with the idea of wearing a bikini right now! Ian and I decided to lose some weight, so we can feel confident and healthy with our hot beach bod selves.

      Now. I am generally a healthy eater, but I know I am not at the ideal weight for my height and body type. I've always hated diets, but this is changing the way I eat for life, rather than a short and pointless diet. I found a book on amazon the other day called The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno.  The whole idea of the diet is to get your body off of sugar and excess fat, and train your metabolism to work faster. There are four cycles of 17 days in the diet. Each one you switch what you eat to keep your metabolism from slowing down..

I figured this would be a fun series to blog about. I can share what works and what doesn't, and share a bit of my (hopefully) successful weight loss journey! I'm hoping to share a few meal ideas that I come up with that go along with my diet! Oh, and my husband may make an appearance on here, since he's doing the diet as well :).

Here are a few snapshots from the week:

I have not had so many vegetables in one week before. It's pretty intense, but I love it! And guess what? I've lost 3 pounds since Monday. I think Ian is down 2, gooo hubby!

Stay tuned for recipes and more weight loss updates!

xoxoKelsey

1 comment:

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).