Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reliant

    Being a mama is the best thing I've ever done. I've never had so much fun or been as happy as I am right now.
  But let's be honest, being a mama 
is HARD.
 It's harder than I thought it would be. The fact that I'm completely responsible for this little baby girl's well being can be overwhelming at times. There are days where the lack of sleep gets to me, and days when I start to feel lonely after being at home all day without another adult to talk to.
     
But there's something so beautiful to me about hardships of motherhood. As frustrating and exhausting as it can be, these hardships cause me to completely rely on Jesus. There are times where I don't know how I'm going to get through the day. Especially on those days where I am so tired that I am falling asleep standing up. Or when my baby is whiny and fussy and I can't figure out what's wrong. That's when I have to call out to Jesus for help. 

To be honest, I've never been one who likes to ask for help. I'd rather just do something myself instead of asking someone to help with a task or to do it for me. And there are times where being this way makes my life more difficult, because without help I become extremely overwhelmed and anxious. Being a mom has completely humbled me in this area of my life. I've had to tell myself that I can't do everything, no matter how hard I try

Jesus is my peace, my comfort, and my strength. Motherhood has been a constant reminder of how much I need his grace in my life. So even though there are struggles and frustrations that come along with being a mom, I welcome them with open arms. Because without them, I wouldn't be where I am today: completely and willingly reliant on Christ.   


Happy Wednesday!
xoxoKelsey

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful. Still learning the art of asking for help, even to the One who is always there. Something about our sinfulness, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Pride gets in the way far too often in that area of my life. Thank goodness for Grace, huh?

      Delete

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).