Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Book Review: Forgetting the Fairy Tale

Hey guys!

LONG time no blog, right? Well that streak ends today with a review of an awesome book that I just finished reading. 

A lovely lady named Donya Dunlap, who is one of my fellow writers for The You Are Project, has written an incredible book called Forgetting the Fairy Tale.

Forgetting the Fairy Tale is an amazing and easy read that any Christian woman, whether single or married, would enjoy. Dunlap uses her great sense of humor, and her amazing wisdom to remind us women how loving Jesus and putting him first is the only way to find true love in your life. She uses characters and stories from the bible to show us that a fairy tale life really doesn't exist. Some of these characters include Eve, David, and Hosea, who's real life examples show us that the need to put God first and foremost is more than enough to make us happy.

So many Christian women idealize romance and put the search for it as the priority in their life. Dunlap reminds us that Jesus will satisfy any need that we have if we only invite him in to our lives to do so.  As a married woman, I found some great reminders of how God is all I'll ever need, and through putting him first, my relationship with my husband will only grow and get stronger. 

I highly recommend you pick up a copy and read the book for yourself! You can purchase the book through Amazon here.

I'll be back to my (hopefully) regular blogging this week. 

Happy Tuesday!
xoxoKelsey

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your gracious words! I'm thrilled that it was a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Kelsey! This book is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best. Thanks for the love :).